My yocto is not working in many differnent ways.(RESOLVED)

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Check your soldering in the sequencer section I could not upload sysex then I found I had not soldered in a couple of chips in the sequencer section , I built it ever so carefully but even so made that silly mistake ,

I had sounds missing turned out to be the ribbon cables had broken
  • thanks for reply. im currently going through the whole sequencer.

I ended up getting my arduino to trigger sounds...I didn't realize you also had to have the yocto plugged in as well as the other things. Good news is the rim shot works and Im getting noise with my snare...the ohh still has very little decay and just sounds like a louder slightly longer version of the clhh. Oh the joys of diy!! ;)
  • I found and fixed the problem and have resolved 90% of my issues. Ic4 wasn't seated flush against the circuit board. Desoldered it, added a socket and seated the chip. Sysex worked and burned the firmware. All voices are function except for the clap. I cn also hear heat a faint hollow hi pitched oscillation from the clave. All in all a satisfied customer. Thanks!
  • If your clap doesn't work and you tried to test it with an arduino, you've busted Q28 because there's a fault in the silkscreen
    concerning R103.

Have a look at this topic to clarify: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=287